Handles electrical needs on campus, including electrical equipment and/or generators. Coordinates with engineers and contractors for projects related to electrical installation and impact. Provides work direction for trades and other staff.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
· Installs and repairs most electrical devices, fire alarm systems, and generators on campus.
· Locates utilities.
· Coordinates with engineers and contractors for projects related to electrical installation and impact.
· Provides work directions to trades and other staff.
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
· Ability to read and understand blue prints and schematics
· Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
· Knowledge of basic reading skills
· Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
· Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written
· Detailed-oriented and highly accurate
· Ability to work in changing environment
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment
· Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent BGSU appropriately
· Ability to coordinate or lead others in accomplishing work activities
· Knowledge of computer skills, such as MS Office, presentations, spreadsheets and/or database entry/query
· Ability to access and maintain document imaging systems, including scanning and filing documents
· Ability to operate computers and peripheral equipment such as printers
· Ability to draft office correspondence
· Knowledge of basic science and scientific methods
· Ability to operate and use manual and power custodial equipment
· Ability to operate various culinary equipment
· Ability to effectively utilize audio/visual equipment
· Ability to operate hand and/or power tools appropriate to the trade
· Ability to operate hand and/or power grounds keeping equipment
· Ability to perform automotive and heavy equipment maintenance and repair
· Ability to operate heavy equipment
· Knowledge of utility systems, units of measure, and dynamics of power systems
· One-year related experience required
· High school diploma or GED required
· Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the University’s insurance
Full-time classified staff position. Pay Grade 28/$20.37. Full benefit package available
Deadline to apply: May 14, 2021
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.